On this day,we are completing 1 year without Johnson Master.But still he is alive through his songs in our memories.Music was life and soul
for johnson master.It was on 18th august 2011 on which johnson left the world with uncomposed songs…
Johnson (26 March 1953 – 18 August 2011) was an Indian music composer and director who has given music to some of the most important malayalam motion pictures like koodevide, Namukku parkkan munthiri Thoppukal, Oru minnaminunginte nurunguvettom, Vadakkunokiyanthram, Perumthachan, Njan gandharvan, Ponthan mada, and Bhoothakkannadi,kireedam,chenkol,Ee puzhayum kadannu,Amaram,Mazhavilkkavadi,Ponmuttayidunna Tharavu. He was noted for his lyrical and expressive melodies together with simple but rich tonal compositions of thematic music. Johnson received National film awards twice and Kerala state film awards five times.
He started his career as an assistant to G.Devarajan in 1970s,and debuted as an independent composer in late seventies with Aaravam.His famous works are with directors Padmarajan, Bharathan, Sathyan Anthikkadu, T.V Chandran, Kamal, Lohithadas, Balachandra Menon and Mohan.He has composed music for more than 300 Malayalam films, the most by any composer except for Devarajan.He was the first Music Director from Malayalam Film to be honored with the National Award. He died of a heart attack in Chennai on August 18, 2011.
In an interview with Malayala Manorama, Johnson listed the following 13 songs as his favourite songs.
- “Aadivaa Katte” (Koodevide)
- “Nee Nirayoo Jeevanil” (Premageethangal)
- “Swapnam Verumoru Swapnam” (Premageethangal)
- “Poo Venam” (Oru Minnaminunginte Nurunguvettam)
- “Melle Melle Mukhapadam” (Oru Minnaminunginte Nurunguvettam)
- “Gopike Nin Viral” (Kattathe Kilikkoodu)
- “Devankanangal” (Njan Gandharvan)
- “Swarna mukile” (Ithu Njangaludey Kadha)
- “Thankathoni” (Mazhavilkavadi)
- “Sundari Poovinu Naanam” (Ente Upasana)
- “Shyamambharam” (Artham)
- “Enthe Kannanu Karuppu Niram” (Photographer)
- “Oru Naal” (Gulmohar)